FacebookWichita Force - SnapchatInstagramYouTubeTwitter
(316) 425-1965

Wichita Force Football - Game Recaps

Read all about the hardest-hitting, highest scoring, and most exciting sporting experience in Wichita!

Total Team Effort Fuels Force to 52-42 Win

WICHITA, Kan. — Saturday night at INTRUST Bank Arena, the Wichita Force (6-2) defeated the Chicago Eagles (2-6) using all three phases of the game: Offense, defense, and special teams.

Newly acquired Force Quarterback David Olson had five touchdowns (three rushing, two passing), Defensive back Clarence Anderson returned a field goal attempt for a touchdown, and the Force defense wreaked havoc and caused two Chicago turnovers while also limiting them to only 217 yards of total offense. Wichita got on the board first Saturday, as Connor Frazell nailed a 28-yard field goal with 10:35 to play in the first quarter. Following an Eagles touchdown, David Olson scampered in for a 1-yard TD run to give the Force a 10-6 lead.

Leading the Force by two, the Eagles had the ball with an opportunity to expand their lead. But then, the game changed on one play. Force DB Kendrick Harper intercepted Eagles QB Anthony Iannotti, and the Force followed with 21 unanswered points. Those 21 consecutive points started with a 5-yard touchdown catch by WR Brett Soft with 8:07 remaining in the second quarter to give Wichita an 18-13 lead.

Then, with 0:36 on the clock, the aforementioned WR Clarence Anderson brought the INTRUST Bank Arena crowd to its feet with an explosive 49-yard kick return for a touchdown. At midfield, Anderson made a Chicago defender miss with a spin move, and then he was off to the races, propelling the Force to a 25-13 lead. The next offensive play for the Eagles, Force DL Chaq Reed stripped the ball carried and Force LB Jason Catchings recovered. Olson then hit Anderson for a 3-yard touchdown pass, stretching the lead to 32-13.

The second half was a back-and-forth affair, but David Olson managed the game well, and helped lead the home standing Force to the victory. In the third quarter, Olson rushed for two 1-yard TD scores, and the Force held a 46-28 advantage heading into the fourth quarter.

Despite an Eagles rally in the fourth, a 28-yard Connor Frazell field goal with 4:38 remaining all but sealed it, and the Force eventually finished off a 52-42 win to improve to 6-2.

The Force will have a bye week for Week No. 11 but will return to action on Saturday, May 14 as the team will travel to take on the Sioux City Bandits. For all up-to-date information about the Force, visit the team’s website at www.wichitaforce.com or on Facebook, Twitter and Snapchat.